Tuesday, May 25, 2010

"Why Boast?"


Have you ever boast or do you feel that boasting adds credibility. Whatever the reason, does boasting right?

People around us and even I myself always boast. I want to be known and be accepted by society so whenever I received recognition or compliments I feel proud, very proud. Though, I often make it as a joke to cover up my true intention but deep within I am totally boasting.

There's nothing wrong of acknowledging what we merit. But here's the catch, our mind can easily be corrupted by the evil one manipulating us to self gratification that leads to pride and ends to our own destruction. Let me give you an example. Suppose you are a celebrity. Having the looks and beauty, the fame, and money. You are so proud to have all this things. But at the peak of your career, a new star is born an is now your great rival. Because of your pride, you will do all things not be rotten, you may go into a sexy star or worst. Unfortunately, you were once a shining star and now becomes a falling star. (What will be your decision if this will happen to you?) Or lets turn the side of the coin in favor of you. Despite of the presence of your great competitor you still becomes more famous. But put this in your mind. You only have one life to live, money nor fame can't give you the greatest satisfaction."It is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment (Hebrews 9:27)”

No doubt that all we have in life - career, money, clothing, house and etc were because of our hard work but let us be reminded that our body, hands, feet, and mind are all comes from God. It is a blessing. How stupid we are not to give the credit to our Great Creator and keeps on receiving the gifts He freely given to us.

Friends, pride is the cause why Satan was cast down from heaven, why Adam and Eve ate the forbidden tree, why Cain killed Abel, why David kills Uriah – Bathsheba's husband after he committed adultery with her, and why we also commits sin from God. Jesus said “And whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted (Matthew 23:12 ).” “If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land (2 Chronicles 7:14).” “Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God (1 Corinthians 10:31).”


W Medel






1 comment:

  1. I truly agree with this, there is really nothing to boast about ourselves, we are not our own, God does not give us life to enjoy for our own self, we are created to glorify and enjoy God forever.

    If there is something that we could boast, then we boast in Christ, for He alone deserves all things, life is all about Him and nothing more...

    We only have one life to live, either we choose to live for this world or for the Lord.

    As for me, I chose to live and serve to the One who died and crucified Himself on the cross for all my sins... His name is JESUS CHRIST...

    How about you????

    ReplyDelete