Thursday, December 16, 2010

I can only imagine


We do lot of things to satisfy ourselves. We go to school for our future, finding job to earn money or hanging with friends to enjoy life. But do all these things give us the real joy?

There is nothing wrong in doing all these stuffs. But in my case, I never felt the satisfaction that the world can't offer. People who know me might say that I'm a busy person. I am a student and at the same time an employee. But my daily routine cause me to get weary that I even tried to find ways to escape. So I go malling, or hanging with friends to lessen my stress but unfortunately its all in vain. Last November I went to Cagayan de Oro to spend some vacation. Yes, it did help to unwind myself. But when I got home in Cebu my eyes were open to see the reality. I can't escape the stress, the problem and my self greed.

There comes a time that we felt the dryness in life. We are tempted to ask God, yet heaven is silent. So we took the initiative to do things on our own. What we believe is good, we grab it. But in the end we all fail.

In the book of Judges, we see that the Israelite did what they believe is right (ch. 17:6, 21:25) but in the long run of their course they all failed. Proverbs 3:5 - 6 “Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.” If we are insensitive to the Holy Spirit it cause us to disobedient. Only the Holy Spirit enable us to bear fruits and be in God's presence but we often ignore Him. The more we yield to the Holy Spirit and obey Him we will know His will. To know His will is to obey His will. Obedience brings blessing but curses to disobedient. God saved us not to make us complacent but He saved us for His glory, honor and praise. Ephesians 2:8-10 “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them”

In the parable of the sower there were four seeds that was sown. The first seed fell by the wayside; and the birds of the air came and devoured it (means no response to the gospel). The second fell on stony ground, where it did not have much earth; and immediately it sprang up because it had no depth of earth. But when the sun was up it was scorched, and because it had no root it withered away (means only an emotional response to the gospel). The third one fell among thorns; and the thorns grew up and choked it, and it yielded no crop (means worldly response to the gospel). And lastly fell on good ground and yielded a crop that sprang up, increased and produced: some thirtyfold, some sixty, and some a hundred.”

Friends, let us evaluate ourselves and pray to God to reveal to us what was our response to the gospel. Are we ignoring it, or still in a worldly response or just having an emotional response? Let us pray and ask God for forgiveness and grace that we will be like the seed on the good soil that produces good fruits. There is no greater joy in knowing Jesus and be in His presence. We can do our own initiative to be happy but only the gift of the Holy Spirit can brings great joy and satisfactions.

Jesus is our greatest reward and someday we will see Jesus glory. Have you imagine yourself being with Jesus and what will be like. As the song goes

Surrounded by Your glory, what will my heart feel
Will I dance for you Jesus or in awe of you be still
Will I stand in your presence or to my knees will I fall
Will I sing hallelujah, will I be able to speak at all

I can only imagine

I can only imagine!

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely right yam, all the things that make us enjoy in this world are just temporary, a foretaste of what God truly desires us in heaven.
    We appreciate God's creations, the nature and it's so wonderful but nothing could ever compare to our glorious creator.. God bless us all..
    It's important that we know where our heart is...

    ReplyDelete