Monday, July 26, 2010

I am Loved


Love plays a big part of humanity. Everyone is seeking for love. Love is the greatest need of man. Without it, our life will be miserable. For the sake of love, we do all things. We love and been loved; but have we experience the great love that the world can't offer?

Someone had asked me, what is love? So I answered him in I Corinthians 13: 4 – 7 “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.” When I recited these verses only one person was on my mind and nothing else but my crush.

Since then, this crush was always on my thoughts. I always think of her every now and then and that her name was always on my lips, that even my colleagues got irritated with me. Every time I see her I felt excited and was so happy whenever we've met.

But one Sunday afternoon as I attended a Sunday service in the church. I felt the shallowness in my heart and heavy burden pours upon my inner being that made me wept. When the song entitle “Open the eyes of my heart Lord” was sang, there I prayed to the Lord to open my heart and to reveal the wrongs in me. And by God's grace, He indeed showed me what was inside my heart. And surprisingly, it was my crush.

Friends, there is nothing wrong of having a crush or of loving someone unless it will not snatch us to love the Lord our God with all our heart, soul and mind. The reason why I felt sorry of the Lord is because I made my crush and idol and that I exalt her more than God. I almost forgot my first love who first love me before I first love Him – JESUS CHRIST.

You, me and the world deserves to be condemned, to death and be cast to eternal fire of hell. But God loves us so much that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life (John 3:16).

How great is the love of our Lord. Philippians 2:6-8 “Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death— even death on a cross!” But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us (Romans 5:8).

Beloved, if you felt you are unloved by someone, don't be despair. Jesus Christ loves you so much. You are loved by God who is more precious than all.

Yes, we are loved by God.

2 comments:

  1. God indeed is our first love, to love God is the greatest love of all, true love waits yam, I know that God is preparing the best for all of us, be patient, for those who wait upon the Lord will not be put to shame....

    ReplyDelete