Monday, May 17, 2010

Engage 09'



When I heard that the Living Word Christian Church was conducting an Engage Conference for youth, I was excited. I felt the burdened and the desired to attend this conference notJustify Full just to gain friends but to engage myself to the Almighty God. This conference was held for 3 consecutive days, in worshiping, studying His Word, and glorifying Him. Engage Conference 2009 bears a theme of “One Truth, One Love, One Passion. The theme itself signifies of how the young people of this generation needs to have.

Firstly, One truth. The Scripture says that Jesus is the way, the TRUTH and the life (John 14:6). He claims it boldly, why? Because He wants to convey people to know the truth. The truth that we human beings are depraved, sinful in nature and were deserved to go to hell. But praise God, because of His amazing grace, He send His only Son – JESUS CHRIST – the incarnate God who took the flesh to become man that we might be redeem from the law of sin and from the fiery fire of hell.

Secondly, One Love. People around the world knows that God is Love, but do we sincerely understand why He is called Love? "For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life” (John 3:16). How wonderful is the great love that flows from the heart of our Creator. Because of love He was willing to take the most shameful punishment in history “The Crucifixion”. The Holy One of Israel took up the cross for one purpose – to redeemed us and saved us. How beautiful is the great love of our Savior and Lord Jesus Christ. Take a few moment and just close your eyes and imagine the man who was hang on the cross and cries out loud with a shivering but with a heart warming voice saying “ I LOVE YOU”. So what should be our response? Do we still take him for granted and do our own things or are we willing to response to His work and take up His love?

As we understand that truthfulness and the love of God our response must to have one passion. As Paul clearly states “But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. What is more, I consider everything as loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ—the righteousness that comes from God and is by faith (Phil. 3:7-9)”. Let not the things of this world deceive us but rather count them as loss. Our only joy and our greatest treasure is Jesus Christ Himself.

On these 3 day conference. I learned a lot of things and most especially the experience of forgiveness, the sweet intimacy of God and of His great love. Different youth from different churches comes together for a purpose. To engage God in one Truth, one Love, and one Passion.

W Medel

1 comment:

  1. I've attended the Engage 2009 Conference and it's
    really a life changing experienced.

    I grow more in the knowledge of Christ, and even more I've experienced an intimate relationship with my Lord and Savior...

    It's really amazing, no words could ever express how thankful I am to be back again, and to reconcile to the man who first love me...

    He is our first love... the Alpha and the Omega,,, The Great I AM...

    ReplyDelete